During pregnancy, women are encouraged to receive counsel regarding their own oral care. If a mother has poor dental health, this can put their baby at risk for developing their own health issues in the future. We recommend that mothers follow a basic set of instructions to help them decrease the potential for transferring poor dental health to their child:
- Visit your dentist on a regular basis
- Brush and floss your teeth every day
- Follow a healthy and proper diet by reducing sugary foods
- Use fluoride toothpaste and mouthwash to help reduce plaque buildup
- Avoid sharing cups or utensils with your child that transmit bacteria between your mouths
Our dentist and team are eager to meet with you and get you started on the proper habits and routines that can help preserve the oral health of you and your child! To learn more about perinatal and infant oral health in Boynton Beach, Florida, contact our pediatric dental office today at 561-737-3633 and ask for a visit with Dr. Lisa Feldman.